Meet the midwife
In this video, a midwife shares information about the care of mother and baby throughout pregnancy, and the role of the midwife.
They discuss: the progression of pregnancy; what an expectant mother can discuss with her midwife; why a healthy lifestyle throughout pregnancy is important; and how the midwife team can support expectant mothers.
- first contact with the midwifery team
- a midwife's role
- birth options
- health visitors
- a midwife's responsibilities
- healthy lifestyle advice during pregnancy
- baby boxes in Scotland
Links to further information
- First contact with your midwife and continuing care
- Information about antenatal care
- Advice on birth options
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Role of the midwife
- Framework for maternity services on Scotland
- Information on births in Scottish hospitals
- NHS Scotland Careers
Issues a midwife may discuss with expectant mothers
- Stress levels in pregnancy
- More info on stress levels in pregnancy
- Ready, Steady, Baby!
- Your baby - tests offered
- Baby boxes in Scotland
- You're pregnant! Scans and tests
- NHS Pregnancy and Baby Guide
These links are not exhaustive, and there are other valuable learning resources available.
If there is a link that would be valuable to other learners, please contact us with further information or add to the Childcare Ushare web page