Full term baby
In this video, we are introduced to Gemma and her third baby, 7-week-old Thomas.
Gemma discusses some of the challenges of managing a busy life with two other children while being pregnant, and how she coped with increased stress levels during her pregnancy.
Gemma received a baby box when Thomas was born. This Scottish Government initiative aims to give all new babies in Scotland with the best start in life. Gemma’s story could provide the basis for a case study of a new mum with a young family.
- the healthy pregnancy progression
- healthy lifestyle choices (for example, food to avoid, alcohol intake, smoking in pregnancy, safe pharmacy and prescription medication)
- referrals to other agencies/professionals
- stress levels during pregnancy
- antenatal classes
- birthing plans
- feeding options for new babies
- baby boxes
Links to further information
- Baby boxes in Scotland
- Ready, Steady, Baby!
- Your baby – tests offered
- NHS advice on breastfeeding a new baby
- NHS advice on bottle feeding
- NHS information regarding many aspects of caring for a newborn baby
These links are not exhaustive and there are other valuable learning resources available.
If you feel there is a link that would be valuable to other learners, please contact us with further information or add to the Childcare Ushare web page